Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SIX(6) yes SIX.... months .... with Kaylah

Takes a breath.
Wipes a tear away.
Great, now another tear....

Let me begin by saying that this little girl has changed our lives forever. I've been looking across many different international adoption blogs and websites looking for inspiration of what things to say today. And I decided to just say what's on my mind...and will spit out whatever comes in my little noggin. If it inspires you, GREAT... if not, well, just sit here and let me ramble for a little bit. Scan through the pictures... at least you can see just how very far she has come.

and YES...that would be chocolate milk that has somehow magically appeared on her blouse. That's her favorite drink now. We give it to her in moderation, but this girl just LOVES it.

Recently, one late night, when she awoke crying (yes, still has night terrors from time to time) and I calmed her back into a silent sleep, I stayed up looking online for pictures of her... by searching her chinese character name. I never thought that I'd find ANYTHING, until.... I came across a chinese blog from her hospital where she had her surgery done. I found 63 baby photos that the nurses had posted.  I spent the next 3 hours of the wee morning downloading them all and crying and was a complete mess by the time Mike woke up. He looked at me and said, you found more pictures didn't you. He was surprised to hear just how many I found. And I was in shock myself. Here's the earliest photo we have of Kaylah.... taken in June, 2011. About 1 1/2 years ago. Just LOOK at how far she's come!!!!

She was two here.... before her heart surgery. And is the most precious thing I've ever laid eyes on.


Here's her first haircut and style. She LOVED every minute of it! A DIVA in every true definition.

She is serious when it comes to her toys. Some of these were mine from the 80's. She loves lining things up....
 Definitely has her "ducks in a  Row" here.....


Kaylah LOVES toddler Tuesdays at our local library branch. We go pick out books afterwards and she can't wait to get home to read them together! 
 And she is a little Martha Stewart when it comes to baking and decorating. We've had  BALL doing fun things together. She's very VERY good at it.... her little "old soul" comes out and she acts like she's been doing this all along.


She loves spending her time with her Baba. watching TV, snack time, and loves helping to give Snickers and Nougat their baths!



 Christmas was a BLAST with this little pumpkin. We had fun baking and really had a great time with her opening up Christmas gifts. She LOVED meeting Santa Claus... went running with her arms wide open yelling " I LOVE you Santa!"


Kaylah recently got to meet Great Grampa Shyler. He's 97, stil lives in his home in Pennsylvania. Cooks his meals and just renewed his driver's license. (Watch out PA!) :) He is amazing and jsut loved meeting and playing with Kaylah. She has a fascination with airplanes, and since he built several of his own and was a pilot of them many years ago... he LOVED the fact that she liked them and is strongly convinced that she is going to be the next pilot in our family. Kaylah looks at these photos and says, "Zi Yue's Grampa"... which she often does to state that something is hers.

This little stinker has grown 4" since July 30, 2012. She's growing by leaps and bounds. Each day is something new with her and it's a pure joy watching her come to life. She's doing great health wise. No more heart surgeries needed right now and has no restrictions. We hope she will never need surgery again, but can not rule anything out. We are here for her no matter what. That's what parents are for, right?

I'll end today with a favorite photo I recently took of her... "Fishie Kisses" Ain't she cute?! We love you SO much Miss Kaylah and are so ever grateful that you are our daughter.

4 comments:

momsully said...

Love this! Miss you guys!

myminivanrocks said...

I can't believe you found those pictures! How amazing!

She's beutiful and she seems so happy. Her smile matches her mommy's. :)

myminivanrocks said...

*beautiful. I wish they let you go back and edit comments.

(Oh, and I'm your Asshat friend. I wasn't sure if you would recognize me.)

likeschocolate said...

What a cutie!