Saturday, October 8, 2011

Garage Sale

Last weekend, Mike and I decided to have a HUGE 3-day garage sale. We were SHOCKED at how much stuff we had to get rid of. And honestly, there's more hiding in the upper cabinets and closets and my oh MY.... the basement! There are some WONDERFUL people in this world and we were surprised that by 2pm Sunday, we had made over $671.85!! It went directly into our adoption savings account and will help us with the ongoing expenses of bringing little Kaylah home. We even had a wonderful neighbor that we never met before make an appearance and donated $50 cash towards our adoption! Needless to say, I couldn't stop the tears. Mike even went over to her and gave her a nice "side hug" and thanked her. She and her hubby are working on bringing home a little one from Congo. She also told me to make up a few adoption fundraiser signs... which I immediately did. What a great person... thank you.

No comments: