Monday, December 5, 2011

This Ladybug is HAPPY!

Well, I shared a FANTABULOUS happy moment with Mike this evening. I checked the mailbox and there it was. An envelope from the Department of Homeland Security with our I-797!!!! YEAYYYY!!!!!! So, I am RUNNING to the bank tomorrow to get our official copy made, notarized...then sending it off to the Colorado Secretary of State! And as soon as it gets back from THERE.... then it's off to Chicago to the Chinese Consulate's. OMG... THEN--- our DOSSIER is DONE!!!!
My Mom, Christine, came for a visit in November. We had a BALL! Got all sorts of great fabrics and made OWL pillows!
Every year, I get to have fun with with Dee, Mike's mom, at Doherty High School's annual Craft Show where we've shared spaces to sell our goodies. This year, these owl pillows were a HUGE hit! I made over $500 on pillows and handcrafted/ sculpted clay ornaments!
Here are some more owls.... they all turned out so adorable!
Not a bad deal for $15 each! I made 30 and have 5 left. I will take some close ups of the ornaments, have a few of them left to sell as well! The panda bears, holding lady bug buttons, were a huge success. I have a feeling that I'll have to make more of those!!
HUGE hugs going out to Sara and Bill, who are bonding in China with their new daughter RUBY! What a CUTIE PATOOOTIE!!!! Check out their blog over at Football & Fried Rice.
Mike's Dad, Paul (ON LEFT) had a birthday in November. We all had a fun dinner at little Italian Restaurant, Luigi's. Here he is with Sweet Swinging Al Elliott. Family nights are FUN with the Murphy's. And we were lucky to have my Mom along to enjoy the ride!
Mike and Hannah at Dinner. Hmmm both look like TROUBLE!
Soon, we will be able to have little Kaylah stand with all of the Murphy Girls! Won't THAT be FUN!?!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

momsully said...

That is the best feeling when you get the approval! Congratulations!!!!

Nancy said...

Those owl pillows are ADORABLE!!!! So cute!

Congrats on almost being DONE and DTC! Feels SO good to have all those papers off your desk!

Nancy

Football and Fried Rice said...

Kaylah is going to fit RIGHT in with all the chicks! She wont get ANY attention, will she?!?!

The pillows are adorable!! I am so impressed at all you guys have been getting done! I feel like a hamster on a wheel :)

i cant wait to hear about referral news soon!!!!

Jody said...

Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know I scrolled through your blog. Congrats on the craft show sale success.