Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Mike, Susan, Blake and Kye took me out on an adventure today. Somewhere I have never been, and to witness something I had never seen. A new experience, and one that made me smile form ear to ear! Plus, it was good getting out into the beautiful downtown Colorado Springs area and walk around in the fresh air! We went to a local Chinese New Year Celebration. And it was FANTABULOUS!
I would like to post a video, but I haven't quite figured that out yet through blogger. Gimme some time, I am sure I will figure it all out! HEre are a few more pics of what we saw today. It was so much fun and a new experience that I think will be in our future when we have Kaylah home!
These Lion dancers were amazing to watch. They brought these lions to life and were so talented! So much fun to watch!!
We watched several dancers and tasted some Chinese food. There were also some really neat vendors there and we enjoyed walking around and spending a little cashola here and there on a few goodies for Kye and for Kaylah. It was fun to see so many families there with little ones running around. And I was so impressed to see how many adoptive families were there. Somehow, I felt connected to them, and I didn't even know them.

Yes, that would be MIke (I need to work on his smiles a bit more) and lil Mr. Kye. Isn't he a sweetie? We love spending time with Susan and Blake too. They are amazing parents and have become good friends!

No comments: