Monday, March 5, 2012

Two months LID!

Today, we celebrated our 2nd month anniversary for being LID with another ladybug cake! This time, I made a fabulous lemon cake with whipped cream frosting! And I had been dreaming of how to come up with some cute ladybugs for the top. I have to say that I am VERY proud of this little cake. And it turned out way cuter than the first one. Mainly because I made the frosting... and it didn't looked like canned frosting. LOL What can I say, I am picky about frosting. I hate it when it's too thick or too sweet. This frosting was p-e-r-f-e-c-t-o! SO light and fluffy... doncha just wanna have a piece??
I dreamt about using the Hostess Snowlballs! And I think the ladybugs turned out DARLING! I used green chocolate melts for the heads and had fun with some of the sprinkles I had in my pantry to use as eyes. I then used black chocolate melts to draw the antennae and mouths. I used the same black chocolate to decorate the snowballs. *HINT:* when you are using the chocolate, I love using a chocolate squeeze bottle and I wait until it's a little bit cool. It sets up fast and doesn't run.
I used the same black chocolate again and drew out "month L.I.D." onto a small piece of parchment paper and cooled in the freezer, then placed them on top of the cake once they were set. It's been my favorite thing to do when it comes to cake decorating!
And here's a FUN new development! Mike is growing a moustache! He's not going to shave it off until we are matched. I have to say he looks handsome and it's the first time I have ever seen him with facial hair like this. So now.... we wait. We TRY to be patient and know that all of our family and friends are as excited as we are. Kaylah will get here. And most of all, she will be loved.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Hope this is your last cake for this anniversary ! Been awhile since I have seen Mike with his mustache. He is looking more distinguished. Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Loooooooovvvvveeee the snowballs for ladybugs!!!!!!!! What will you use next month? I hope something super cute comes in a dream again!!! I made a lemon cake last week too - I was craving it - maybe cause it tastes like SUMMER!

Hoping you won't be waiting much longer for Miss Kaylah! I didn't cut my hair from the time we were LID until we got home from China. Maybe like Samson, the not cutting the hair gave me strength (for the wait!!) I know you already know it takes a lot of that!